Monday, April 25, 2011

3rd Hunt = Epic Fail


Jack was so tired from Saturday that he slept until 8:00.  That is LATE for him considering he's up by 6:30 every morning. I must admit that I was so thankful for the extra sleep, but it kind of put us in a rush for church.  The Easter bunny brought him a light-up airplane with candy, a soft little duck, a marshmallow football, some books, a bubble gun, and some hot wheels.  He was so excited about all of his surprises.  He especially loved the book about trucks. 




 After playing, we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  When we were ready for church, I told Andy that I wanted to get a couple of pictures of Jack. WASN'T GONNA HAPPEN! So I got really mad decided to just forget it and try after church.

I did actually manage to snap a few during Sunday School. This is the best picture of him that I have.  :(  I wish he'd  been standing.

 Surprisingly Jack wasn't that bad at church.  This is where the day takes a nose dive.  We went to my parents' house for lunch.  Why I didn't fix Jack something to eat immediately, I'll never be quite sure.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Instead, we took another shot at a photo session.  STILL WASN'T GONNA HAPPEN!



So I got really mad put Jack's play clothes on and he went outside to play.  At about 1:15, lunch was ready.  Everybody was called in to have the blessing.  Jack didn't want to come in and definitely didn't want to eat.  He proceeded to yell cry, "Nooooo, Nooooo, Owside! Owside!"  He did this about a million times.  We fought with him tried to get him to eat for about 25 minutes.  It was terrible.  We finally snuck out the front door and left.   We went home and he  slept for about 3 1/2 hours.  It took me that long to stop feeling like I was going to have an anxiety attack.  The meltdown was a direct result of lack of food and sleep, two of our basic necessities.  Looking back on the day, I can see the mistakes that I made.  If I'd made different decisions the situation could have been avoided.  We could have spent the day with my family, hunted Easter eggs, and had a good time.
Mistake #1- not getting up on time and getting ready before the little one woke up
Mistake #2- fixing cinnamon rolls for breakfast...I never do that, I just thought it would be a nice treat...Jack needs more than sugar...DUH!
Mistake #3- not getting him something to eat immediately after church
Mistake #4- getting all wrapped up in everything looking/being perfect...not focusing on the real reason for Easter
Oh well, lesson learned and now documented for reference next Easter.   Even though the day didn't go as planned, I'm thankful I serve a risen Savior.  

1 comment:

  1. too funny (looking back huh?) i was about in the same mood as you before we left for church...i was DERTERMINED to get a good picture of the boys and hudson was NOT having it! i was so mad...hudson was filthy before we even left for church...zach quickly reminded me that Pictures was not the reason we celebrate...then i breathed hard for a long time and i was fine :) i think it's just a "mommy thing"...wanting to have good pictures to look back on!

    ReplyDelete