Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not Lucky...Just Blessed

This will be the hardest post I've ever written.  I am, by nature, a private person.  I LOVE to talk and gab with the girls, but when it comes to sharing personal things it is a bit harder for me.  I have to work on letting people see the vulnerable side of me. 

Andy and I were married in 2004 and it was several years before I had the desire to have children.  But, when the desire came it was consuming.  I wanted to become a mother and I think that God lets us have those feelings.  It's the way he intended for it to be.  We tried for about 8 or 9 months before I ever saw my doctor.  He referred me to the infertility department because of some problems I was experiencing.  The day we met with the infertility nurse was one of the toughest days I've ever experienced.  Every fear and insecurity I had was confirmed.  The chances of you getting pregnant on your own are very slim.  It could take a while for it to happen.  You could need extensive intervention. I won't say it's impossible, because God is in control, but it's almost impossible. (I am hesistant to even write this because as we all know I do have a child.  There are others who haven't yet and I CANNOT imagine the heartache they must feel. ) I'll spare a lot of details, but I begged God for a child.  There were medical hold-ups and I never got to start fertility medicine.  The month I was supposed to have surgery, the Lord blessed us with a successful pregnancy.  I've always acknowledged that it was God who blessed us with Jack.  But today, my heart was reminded even more than ever.
Today, I went for my first blood drawing to begin treatment with the infertility clinic in hopes of conceiving our next child.  I told myself that I wasn't going to be emotional.  I've been here before...I know I've gotten pregnant before...etc.  When I went in, the nurse talked with me and spoke about how it had been a while (almost 3 years since I started my last treatment).  She looked at me and broke my tender heart again.  How does someone's words have so much power?  I want you to prepare yourself.  This isn't going to be easy.  It's going to be much harder this time.   Why?  Because I'm 3 years older?  No, you shouldn't have gotten pregnant last time.  You were very lucky.  No, I was blessed.  I want you to get yourself ready.  You just got lucky last time. No, God's will is his will, but it's going to be much harder this time and I need you to hold up. 
My heart instantly broke.  Am I sad that it will possibly take a long time for me to conceive? Yes, but that wasn't it.  She confirmed, again, for me everything I already knew.  Jack was sent to me straight from the Lord.  I know that I was blessed with him.  That's why I titled my blog, Brandee's Blessing. He isn't my only blessing, by any means, but it is the most powerful way that God has ever revealed himself to me.  I got so emotional, and still am, by the thoughts that I could have missed out on him.  I feel so blessed to know that the Lord heard and answered my prayer.  It brought this song to my heart,
"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

I am reminded of God's faithfulness.  He has never failed me and never will.  If I am blessed to be a mother again...Praise be to God!  If not, Praise be to God for his faithfulness. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and what a blessing you are to others. Praying for you my dear friend that God blesses you with another miracle. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that we serve a God of miracles! Praying that you receive another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have truly proven what faith does! So blessed!!! I will pray for you as you embark upon this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandee, this post brought back many memories!! Praise be to the Lord of miracles and the only giver of life! Hang in there and let me know if you need to talk/vent :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. talk about a tear jerker! i have been praying for you and will continue to do so. this was such a sweet post. love you much!

    ReplyDelete