Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jack's First Haircut


July 7, 2010


Jack was born with a lot of really dark, almost black, hair.  I LOVED it because I really didn't want him to have red hair.  I have always wished that my hair was another color and I just really wanted my baby to have another color hair.  I know that I would've thought he was perfect either way, but God must've understood my heart.  :) After just a little bit, Jack's dark hair all fell out and we had a bald baby...and that was really sweet too.  I loved that soft head!!  When his hair started growing back, it was much lighter and wasn't red, but not quite blonde either.  I guess we'll call it brownish.  It's perfect and he's perfect and he grew the most beautiful curls.  I loved them and swore I'd never cut them until people kept telling me how beautiful "she" was.  I mean it got really bad...Andy was embarrassed and I even started getting embarrassed.  So, I sucked it up and made the appointment.  I almost cancelled it several times, but I didn't and that was a major accomplishment for me!  Mrs. Lesa Prater, my beautician, was going to do the honors.  Lesa is a lifelong friend who was there for all the proms and was there on my wedding day, so who better to do the job?  I was very nervous, but Mrs. Lesa pulled out her suckers and her Smarties and she did it!  I think she did an awesome job!  There were only a few tears and most of them were from Jack.

What a special treat!  Jack hardly ever gets a sucker...I think that did the trick!

You can see the apprehension on both Lesa's and Jack's face!  I don't know who was scared more!

What a sweet big boy hair cut!  *sniff*
    

At this point we've had our second and third haircuts.  I'm sad to report that they didn't go quite as well.  The second haircut was nearly a disaster and ended with Jack in a headlock so that Lesa could cut that little "ducktail" off the back.  I never thought we'd get him back in there again.  The third haircut went a little better.  I took a hint from Darby about using ice cream to console an unhappy toddler during a haircut.  Thank the Lord it worked!  After a minute of two of terrible crying, he sat still and got a great haircut!  Maybe #4 will be easier, if not, I don't know what trick I'll use!

No comments:

Post a Comment